POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB) : Re: Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Sep 2000 20:59:06
Message: <39B4440C.35D5F8BB@online.no>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tto### [at] onlineno> wrote in message
> |
> | Several combinations of threshold, strength
> | scaling and rotations seem to do this to my
> | blobs  :((
> |
> | Can anyone explain what is going in here.
>
> Can't explain it but if threshold for the cylinder is 0.075 and for the
> sphere 0.21 they both seem okay at that point.
> Changing the scale to 5 times larger (and applying *5 to camera location,
> light position and the translations of sphere and cylinder too) doesn't fix
> them.  I was trying to see if there were too small because that's a know
> problem with the primitives if they get too small.  These aren't in the
> range of size that would be a problem normally to begin with though.

Thank you for looking into the problem Bob.

I have some blob images that have "faults" in
them because of this (methinks).

And even if I could make the faults go away with
simpler blobs (by altering settings as you describe
above), I wouldn't know how to tweak the settings
for the more complicated blobs I made.

I too was afraid that I used to marginal values,
so therefore I tried to find more "normal" values
that also damaged the blobs.

I'm not sure yet if this problem qualifies as a bug.

Are there any TAG-people out there that can
cast some light on this problem  ?

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom